Re: Looking for a new Emacs maintainer or team

From: Paul Michael Reilly
Subject: Re: Looking for a new Emacs maintainer or team
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:17:44 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:
Stefan and Yidong offered to take over, so I am willing to hand
over Emacs development to them.

Wow! That has to be one of the most understated email messages I've seen in ~30 years of receiving email, most of it using Rmail.

I'll echo Dan's congratulations to Stefan and Yidong.  Best of luck to you.

And for all that Emacs has meant to me, I still owe you an unmeasurable debt for your contributions Richard, which I look forward to seeing continued in other arenas. Thank you so much.

-pmr