Re: Extensive changes during pretest

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Extensive changes during pretest
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:42:34 +0000

Hi, Eli,

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:09:45PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:03:43 +0000
> > Cc: address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

> > > And this problem existed since when?

> > A very long time indeed.

> Then it could have existed for one more release.  I think fixing it
> with such extensive changes was unjustified.

Possibly.  However, a real user reported it as a real bug, and it was a
serious bug.  It's effect is to render Emacs unusable on any C file
containing such an apostrophe.

What are you trying to tell me, Eli, assuming there's no intention to
remove the fix from the Emacs-22 branch?  That my judgement may have
been mistaken?  I know that.

--
Alan.