Re: Is there an equivalent to emacs -fs in elisp?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Is there an equivalent to emacs -fs in elisp?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:10:11 +0100

(set-frame-parameter frame 'fullscreen 'fullboth)

and to un-do it:

(set-frame-parameter frame 'fullscreen nil)

Undoing may or may not restore what you had before, it seems to depend on the window manager. I'm looking in to it.

The documentation is in (elisp) Size Parameters.

        Jan D.

Mathias Dahl skrev:
Is there an equivalent to emacs -fs in elisp? I discovered the -fs
option today and think it is great when I want to see emacs only.
However, I do not always want this so it would be useful if I could
toggle this from inside emacs. For now I am using a tool called
`devilspie' to do it (I even patched that so it could "unfullscreen" a
window) but it would be better to avoid external tools when the
mechanism exist in emacs already on a lower level.

Thanks!

/Mathias