Re: compilation-mode needs a tool-bar

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: compilation-mode needs a tool-bar
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:56:30 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu skrev:
Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

  > And having them in the tool bar for the *compilation* buffer is not
  > a big help as I imagine most do like me and are seldom in that
  > buffer anyway.

Disagree.  I spend a fair amount of time in the *grep* buffer,  finding
the exact thing I was looking for.  The same is true for compilation,
some tools produce hard to understand errors, so one needs to stair at
them for a bit to figure out what is going on.

Well, I don't mind having more buttons for that mode, so I added next/previous error, stop and recompile to compilation and grep mode. The choice and order of the icons can as always be discussed and changed.

Note that both grep.el and compile.el defines tool bar buttons, so be sure to change in both files if you need to change the tool bar.

        Jan D.