Re: bruce.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bruce.el
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:57:18 -0500

    That I can understand. What I don't understand (there's no need for
    you to take the time to explain it to me) is why, in addition to that,
    you had to copy spook.el to bruce.el and s/spook/bruce.

spook.el inserts keywords that spies might get distracted by.
bruce.el is supposed to insert indecent words.

Also, bruce.el contains an explanation of what it is about,
totally different from that in spook.el.

    sufficient to remove the spook data file,

There was no need to do anything to the spook data file.
(But maybe someone should update it now.)

                                              or replace the contents with
    a single line "Censored for your protection on behalf of the US
    Government"? (Also, I'd have expected etc/sex.6 to be a bigger problem!)

sex.6 does not use the indecent words, so as far as anyone could guess,
it was not indecent.

I will edit CENSORSHIP.