Re: status of the VMS port ?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: status of the VMS port ?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:01:59 -0500

    RMS said at some point that someone is working on making emacs work on
    VMS.  Who is that person?

Sorry, I do not remember.

    Unless someone comes forward and announces that he will work on getting
    the VMS in good shape, can we deprecate the port in 22.2 and remove it
    after that?

Please do not be in such a rush to delete things!

Before we delete this, we ought to do more than just wait and see if
"someone comes forward".  We should make a real effort to try to find
the person.  One way that we should certainly try is to search the
emacs-devel archives for the past 5 years for "VMS".