dbus version required

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: dbus version required
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:44:47 +0100

I am trying to include dbus in my build. I added --with-dbus but it
said it would not include it. I investigated a bit and found out that
the version required is not on my system. I am using "Mandriva Linux
release 2007.0 (Official) for i586", which is not super new but I
don't think it is very old either, and the dbus version is 0.92. My
question is: is dbus version 1.0 or higher required for what Emacs
uses it for? If not, could we "lower the barier"? If yes, well, then I
have to look into how I can upgrade, because the dbus integration
seems very useful.

/Mathias