Re: Bug trackers

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Bug trackers
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:51:42 +0000

Stefan Monnier wrote:
AFAIK the bug-tracker will only know into which discussion to place
a reply if the reply is to a message that comes *from* the bugtracker,
rather than merely being a reply to a message that the bugtracker has
also received (i.e. I don't think debbugs will track Message-Ids in
order to classify incoming replies).

So people would/will need to subscribe to
address@hidden and discuss things there, instead of
discussing them on bug-gnu-emacs.

OK, are we only talking about the test period here? Long term, I think we should arrange for the emacs-bug and emacs-pretest-bug aliases to feed into the bug tracker only, and all messages to subscribers should be sent by the bugtracker with whatever identifying information it needs added to the subject line. This will probably take some setting up to get right though, so I can understand not wanting to deal with it now before we've decided that debbugs meets our needs.