Re: calc-menu.el.gz has "-rwxr-xr-x"

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: calc-menu.el.gz has "-rwxr-xr-x"
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:34:15 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> In the meantime, I fixed this using the silly remove-me-and-add-me-back
>> technique.
>
> Doesn't this nuke the CVS history?

I would have thought so, but it seems not. It also seems not to change
the permissions.

It seems if you remove a file and re-add it with exactly the same
name, CVS continues the history on from before the removal.

But the permissions haven't changed (because the ,v file was just
moved into the Attic and back again?).

So I guess there is _literally_ no way to do it without modifying the
,v file directly (which is probably what Andreas's typically
minimalist reply meant).