Re: Default mm-uu-extract face hard to read on ttys

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Default mm-uu-extract face hard to read on ttys
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:25:45 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27 2008, Sascha Wilde wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Could you suggest change to the face definition?  (IIRC Emacs 21
>> doesn't support `min-colors').
>
> While I don't see why we should bother about the features of Emacs 21
> for changes in 22/23

Because No Gnus (aka Gnus 5.13) is supposed to run on Emacs >= 21.
See (info "(gnus)Emacsen").

> I think that testing for tty should be sufficient.
>
> How about something along the lines of:
>
> (defface mm-uu-extract '(;; Colors from `gnus-cite-3' plus background:
>                        (((type tty)
>                          (class color)
>                          (background dark))
>                         (:foreground "white"
>                          :background "dark blue"))
>                        (((type tty)
>                          (class color)
>                          (background light))
>                         (:foreground "dark blue"
>                          :background "white"))
[...]

I've installed a similar change (in Gnus CVS; will be synced to Emacs
later).  Is this color okay?

(defface mm-uu-extract '(;; Inspired by `gnus-cite-3'
                         (((type tty)
                           (class color)
                           (background dark))
                          (:background "dark blue"))