Re: custom-mode should not be interactive

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: custom-mode should not be interactive
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:50:44 +0200

>> It seems it would be a prefect fit for the customization mode name
>> `Custom-mode'.  This will follow already existing convention to
>> start names of such commands related to Custom mode with the capital C.
>
>> So the following patch renames `custom-mode' to `Custom-mode' and
>> provides the non-interactive alias `custom-mode':
>
> Looks good, except I see no need for a `custom-mode'
> backward-compatibility alias.

There are two places in Emacs where `custom-mode' is used:
lisp/info-look.el and lisp/emulation/viper.el.  We could rename
`custom-mode' to `Custom-mode' in these places and don't care about
some external package using it.

Also lisp/progmodes/ada-prj.el uses `custom-mode-map' but it seems
renaming `custom-mode-map' to `Custom-mode-map' is not necessary,
because `Custom-mode' calls `use-local-map' to set `custom-mode-map'
explicitly (so it doesn't use its default `Custom-mode-map').

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/