Re: Emacs pretest 22.1.91

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 22.1.91
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:03:29 -0500

>> There's gotta be a better fix,
> I don't doubt it, but I'm a bit short of ideas right now. I'm all ears.
> However, let me extend the "yuck" comment to many (I don't dare to say
> most) multi-tty code. The functionality is great, I suppose.

Yes, the multi-tty code introduced several problems, but when we bump
into them we shouldn't try to circumvent them and hence introduce more
such problems.  Instead we should take a step back and try and see what
is a real solution.

In this case, I believe the solution is to setup the tool-bar-map at the
very beginning (maybe even before dumping), and then have a function
(run after the .emacs) that can fix up the tool-bar-map by replacing the
default image choice with the preferred images for the current setup (so
it can obey image-library-alist, display-color-p, etc..).

        Stefan