Re: longlines-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: longlines-mode
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:58:09 +0900

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:
>>  Line wrapping during redisplay
>>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-07/msg01112.html
>
> This would be much appreciated. It would fix a number of problems with
> third-party packages. In my case, writing a 200-page thesis in LaTeX
> with AUCTeX, longlines mode and proportional fonts has brought up
> numerous issues that had been pointed out in the thread you refer to.

I think Kim's patch is a good thing, but please note that it will _not_
magically solve all your problems.

In particular, there are many issues associated with _editing_
display-wrapped code -- common Emacs' commands will often do the wrong
thing (most obviously C-a, C-n, and other line-movement commands).

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.