Re: Suggestion: A fringe indicator that shows the last/first line before

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Suggestion: A fringe indicator that shows the last/first line before scrolling
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:46:20 +0100

David O'Toole wrote:
I like this idea, I tend to have the same problem.

Me too.

I wonder if this could be implemented in plain Emacs Lisp?

A post command hook?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

 when I scroll a large document with C-v (scroll-up) / M-v (scroll-down)
 I often have a hard time to spot the line where I was reading.  I think
 it would be much easier to find that place, if there was some indicator
 in the fringe that shows the first/last line that was visible before the
 scrolling command was performed.

 If you scroll up (i.e. with C-v) it shows the last visible line before
 the scroll, if you scroll down (i.e. with M-v) it shows the first.

 What do you think?

 Bye,
 Tassilo