Re: undo weirdness with insert-file-contents

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: undo weirdness with insert-file-contents
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:52:53 -0500

> The (1 . 21) entry is silly and obviously breaks undoing the prior
> (insert "Foo: bar\n").  Although EQ (XCAR (tem), lbeg) was not very
> intelligent, setting this to (XCAR (tem) == lbeg) doesn't seem to help
> either.  Please try again with the attached patch.

I recommend you compile your Emacs with -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE so the
compiler will explain to you where you're going wrong: XCAR (tem) is
a Lisp_Object, not an integer, so it cannot be compared with ==, but
only with EQ (which doesn't strike me as particularly non-intelligent in
this instance).

        Stefan