Re: Fonts: Strange results with Emacs-CVS

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Fonts: Strange results with Emacs-CVS
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:56:38 -0600

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:02:10 +0100 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

TH> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>> I can confirm that.  I set the font for emacs in my ~/.Xdefaults:
>>
>> Emacs.Font: DejaVu Sans Mono-10
>> Till yesterday all worked fine, so the change that broke it must be
>> committed within the last 24 hours.

TH> I've found the change that breakes things.  It was checked in on Feb 22
TH> between 14:03:00 and 14:03:30 EST.  Here's the output of

I can confirm the breakage.  I posted about it separately here with the
subject "Gnus problem with nil font in face definition (was: Default
mm-uu-extract face hard to read on ttys)", sorry for the duplication.
For me it's not just a font size issue, though, I get an entirely
different proportional font instead of the monospaced one I specified.

Ted