Re: Debbugs testbed

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Debbugs testbed
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:57:52 -0500

>> Any tips about how I should browse the database?

> http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/emacs is probably the most useful thing.

> pkgindex.cgi is disabled because in Debian it's totally useless,[1]
> but I can enable it for emacs.

Yes, that would be good.  I've used the "index packages" command, but it
would make sense to have it available from the web page as well.

> The 'release-critical' url is also specific to Debian, but what
> usually is present there can also be set up for emacs once the
> maintainers decide what bugs qualify as release critical. ;-)

That might indeed be helpful.  Tho I'm not sure how that would work.
E.g. how can I specify that it's release-critical for Emacs-22.2 rather
than release-critical for Emacs-23.1?

>> I'm presuming now if I send my previous reports using report-emacs-bug that
>> they will end up in the database.  Is that right?

I believe this is not yet the case.  Don?

        Stefan