Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PATCH to add euro symbol to French-{postfix, alt-postfix, prefix} input methods
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:45:49 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>         address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:02:07 +0900
>
> > Yes, but the input methods that are suggested for modification are for
> > Latin-1, which AFAIK does not support the euro character.  Am I
> > missing something?
>
> They're "french" and "italian" input methods; I don't see any inherent
> connection with latin1

Then what does the following excerpt from latin-1lt.el mean?

    (quail-define-package
     "italian-alt-postfix" "Latin-1" "IT<" t

According to the doc string of quail-define-package,

    quail-define-package is an autoloaded Lisp function in `quail'.
    (quail-define-package name language title &optional guidance docstring
    translation-keys forget-last-selection deterministic kbd-translate
    show-layout create-decode-map maximum-shortest overlay-plist
    update-translation-function conversion-keys simple)

    Define NAME as a new Quail package for input LANGUAGE.
    TITLE is a string to be displayed at mode-line to indicate this package.