Re: bug#25: Acknowledgement (frame parameter menu-bar-lines changes heig

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: bug#25: Acknowledgement (frame parameter menu-bar-lines changes height of frame)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:02:35 -0800

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Drew Adams wrote:
> We should be able to keep the same thread as the original bug-report
> mail, and reply to that, _as before_. Same thread, subject line,
> reply-to, etc. We should continue to be able to sort mails by
> thread, sender, etc. in our mail clients, and not have a thread get
> split into different subjects, addresses, etc.

Assuming the emacs developers decide to use debbugs, each bug has it's
own list, and you'll send more information to
address@hidden so thread sorting etc. will all
happen as you're expecting it to, assuming References: and

> Also, there is no inclusion of the original bug report, and no
> mention of the date it was filed (10 months ago, in this case - so
> much for "Thank you for filing a new bug report"). Instead, there is
> a URL to a Web site - not equivalent.

When everything is working normally, you will get such an ack within
minutes of filing a new report (so sending you back the original bug
report wouldn't really be useful.)

Don Armstrong

1: Well, obviously not to my machine, but some equivalent address.
--
A Democracy lead by politicians and political parties, fails.