Re: howto: rotate a ring

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: howto: rotate a ring
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:23:03 -0500

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:
> The documentation for ring.el implies that there must be a
> ring-rotate function -- but there doesn't appear to be an
> explicit ring-rotate function?

Indeed.  I don't see anything either -- I think the documentation is
just wrong.  Maybe it's referring to the wraparound property of rings
(that if you pass too high an index, the appropriate modulo will be
performed, that sort of thing).

Do you need `ring-rotate', or can we just remove that bit from the
documentation?

-Karl