Re: Crashes on w32 and debugging

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Crashes on w32 and debugging
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 09:56:57 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Jason, could it be that this "msg c113 not expected" thing is
something to worry about?

No. I've tracked these messages down to IME and third party extensions (such as virus scanners) that either broadcast or hook into every application and send messages from the RegisterWindowMessage range to themselves via any Window the application has created. I think this debugging statement can be disabled now, it is probably left over from early development when private messages were being created for Emacs' use and the developers wanted to double check that they were handling all the messages they had created.