Re: Crashes on w32 and debugging

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Crashes on w32 and debugging
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:01:07 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
0x0103a4ef in next_element_from_display_vector (it=0x82dbe0) at
xdisp.c:6063
6063      if (INTEGERP (*it->dpvec)
You might want to do a cvs update before spending too much time
debugging this, as I can't find any such line in the latest version
of xdisp.c. Perhaps the bug has already been fixed.

Hi Lennart,

Like Jason, I don't see that line in the current sources.

Can you pls. make a diff between your local xdisp.c and CVS
to see if that is a local change...

Thanks Kim, I looked at the diff that was made when I built that emacs.exe and there was no patches to xdisp.c. However it looks like there are a lot of changes to CVS xdisp.c after that.

So I will take Jasons advice and rebuild Emacs with a fresh checkout (+ my patches, none of them in xdisp.c -- can't patch that since I do not understand anything there) and see if the problem is gone.