Re: [BUG] menubar on a console (Emacs 23)

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: [BUG] menubar on a console (Emacs 23)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:53:38 +1300

 > > The visibilty of the menubar only extends as far as the last menu item on
 > > a console with Emacs 23.0.60.  Previously (and with EMACS_22_BASE) it would
 > > stretch across the entire screen.
 >
 > I just installed a fix.

Welcome back, and thanks.

I don't suppose you would know how to fix mouse clicks on the menubar?

I put this entry in FOR-RELEASE:

** Mouse clicks on the menubar don't currently work with a console
Following the direct use of Gpm, the menubar now needs to be
considered a special part of the screen in Emacs on a console.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-06/msg00277.html

I broke this functionality (it wasn't available in Emacs before 22.1) in the
trunk when I added mouse highlighting and made mouse clicks work at the C
level.