Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:33:52 -0500

> What about setting some development goals and stating some features
> that you'd like to see added in the near future?  Also, what about
> some approximate release plans, perhaps including major features that
> should go into each one?  IOW, some general roadmap of Emacs
> development?

My main objective will be to reduce the time between releases.
For the Emacs-22 branch, I do not have any particular intentions:
22.2 should come out soonish and after that, we'll see if there's time
and/or need for 22.3.

But the focus will be on 23.1.  As mentioned I'd like to enter feature
freeze for 23.1 by the beginning of the summer.  Until then I mostly
hope to include Emacs.app.

For 24 I'd like to include the lexbind branch.

        Stefan