Re: Compilation mode very slow with large files

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Compilation mode very slow with large files
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:50:39 -0500

> The reason I am doing this is to analyse build logs produced in
> the past.

That makes sense.

> It is very useful to be able to click on an error and jump
> straight to the source code.  Is there any way I could do this other
> than through the compilation mode (and writing my own lisp code)?

You should be able to force compilation-mode to use jit-lock (which
should fix your problems), tho I'm not sure how.

Maybe

  (require 'compile)
  (add-hook 'compilation-turn-on-font-lock
            (lambda () (kill-local-variable 'font-lock-support-mode)))

100% guaranteed untested,

        Stefan

PS: jit-lock will introduce various problems, such as the fact that
C-x ` may incorrectly tell you there's no more errors.  Or the fact that
directory change messages may not be obeyed.