merging Emacs.app (was Re: MAINTAINERS file)

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: merging Emacs.app (was Re: MAINTAINERS file)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 08:29:04 -0800

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > But the focus will be on 23.1.  As mentioned I'd like to enter feature
  > freeze for 23.1 by the beginning of the summer.  Until then I mostly
  > hope to include Emacs.app.

Is there a definite schedule for merging Emacs.app?
The patch was posted here a while ago, and it got a lot of comments, but
we haven't heard back since...

What will happen with the Carbon port in CVS HEAD? It probably doesn't
even compile at the moment.

And more importantly will the 23.1 release depend on Emacs.app port
being completely functional?  One would hope that it won't. The reason
being the number of people doing actual work on that platform is tiny,
but the number of people reporting problems is huge...