Re: 23.0.60; (CVS HEAD) first replace-string in a file throws error

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; (CVS HEAD) first replace-string in a file throws error
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:52:30 +0000

Hi, Tim

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 12:24:44PM +0100, Tim Van Holder wrote:

> With this morning's build from CVS HED, the very first replace-string
> in a C++ file buffer throws an error ("Invalid search bound (wrong side
> of point)"), which *Messages* indicates as being thrown by
> c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP.

The same bug was reported by Yidong for the Emacs-22 branch (Subject: CC
mode bug in branch, Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:19:59 -0500, Message-ID:
<address@hidden>).  I've fixed it in Emacs-22.

This bug was due to coding errors in a bug fix I'd made a few days
earlier.  I hadn't realised that this bug fix would percolate up to the
trunk without me doing it myself.

It looks like the trunk hasn't caught up with the latest bug fix.  I'll
try and update the trunk now.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany)