Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:07:04 +0000

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

 That lack of support could be a blessing in disguise. The only downside
 I can see is when adding new text files from Windows, you'll need to
 make sure they have Unix line ends before committing them.

And that's why it is not a blessing. You'll be exchanging a suit of
mistakes by a different one.

Creating new files is not as common as the problems we encounter now with CVS. And if the version control system is not changing line ends behind your back, fixing such problems is a simple matter of checking in an updated version.