RE: position on changing defaults?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: position on changing defaults?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 07:44:23 -0800

> BTW, the one of those which I consider a no-brainer is `ibuffer' --
> though it has many more useful features than `list-buffers', the
> interface seems almost 100% compatible, so I don't think it
> would cause any problems (in fact I suspect many people would
> not even realize it had replace list-buffers if nobody told them).
>
> There are a few random interface tweaks that might be done to ibuffer,
> e.g. using a header-line for the column headings, but I suspect
> they're almost trivial.

I don't agree that ibuffer subsumes list-buffers, and I don't want ibuffer
to replace list-buffers as the binding of C-x C-b.

I would prefer that we discuss some of the features that you or others like
from ibuffer, and we then adapt list-buffers to include those features that
we agree on. list-buffers has a better UI, IMO. If we want some of the
ibuffer features, then list-buffers is the place to add them. I'm not
against merging the two, keeping the best of each.

And this is not the thread for such a discussion.