Re: vc-set-mode-line-busy-indicator

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: vc-set-mode-line-busy-indicator
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:33:59 -0500

      > If you start moving point before it completes, then
      > maybe you can't tell, unless you move to the end.

    Even if you move to the end, you can't tell if the command is done

Why not?  Isn't there some text that appears at the end when the command
is finished?  If not, let's add some.

      > That might be reasonable.  I thought people were talking about mode
      > lines of all buffers.

    No, it's not for all buffers, just for buffers that VC uses to execute
    commands that can take a long time.

I have no objection to that, but adding text at the end when it finishes
also seems like a good idea.