Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:15:30 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > I'd rather improve the general completion mechanism, than only improve
>   > it for buffer selection.
>
> That would be great too.  But we also need to consider the fact iswitch
> is here now, it works and is useful

.... and is a completely and utterly different interface, one which is
hated by many, and arguably is extremely confusing for newbies.  You
can't just drop in such a radical and controversial change by saying
"oh, but it's here now, and it works..."

I think a rather more evolutionary approach to improving to the general
completion interface is much better, and safer.

-Miles

--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?