Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:45:03 +0000

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>>> - selection with Shift-arrow keys
>>
>> I think this would be a good default.  If someone is willing to make a
>> patch that refactors this code from cua-mode into simple.el, it would
>> be worth considering.
>
> Unfortunately, I see no way of implementing this in simple.el without
> using pre-command-hook and post-command-hook.  It seems this can be
> implemented only in C in the function that reads characters.

On top of this, Shift-arrow keys are already in use in org-mode.

(defun org-shiftup (&optional arg)
  "Increase item in timestamp or increase priority of current headline.

(defun org-shiftdown (&optional arg)
  "Decrease item in timestamp or decrease priority of current headline.
Calls `org-timestamp-down' or `org-priority-down', or `org-next-item'
depending on context.  See the individual commands for more information."

(defun org-shiftright ()
  "Next TODO keyword or timestamp one day later, depending on context."

(defun org-shiftleft ()
  "Previous TODO keyword or timestamp one day earlier, depending on context."

Bastien