Re: Emacs 22.2 release plans

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs 22.2 release plans
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 00:58:29 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> As a reminder, I'll be rolling the 22.1.92 pretest on Friday.  If any
> of you need to delay the pretest for whatever reason, please send an
> email.

The following paragraph in etc/NEWS seems to be both badly worded,
in the wrong place, and perhaps only intended for the pretest.
In any case, please check it:

* Systems that will not be supported in the future
configure will print a warning and exit for a set of systems that are
believed to not be in use anymore.  The support has not been removed
yet, but configure will need to be edited in order to allow
compilation to proceed on such a system.  If you are using such a
system, please send a message to address@hidden in order to take
off the list of systems.