Re: Fwd: RE: info+.el Lisp error (SOLVED)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: info+.el Lisp error (SOLVED)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:10:03 +0000

Hi Sebastian,

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a suggestion of a "goodie" regarding the Info mode:
> currently, hitting `i' does open a page of the manual where our
> search term was found, but it does not open it on the line where
> the match is found, neither does it highlight it.

`i' runs Info-index, which doesn't really search an item, but lookup an
index.  And it goes where the index has been found.

In the .texi source, it does look like this:

,----
| @section Summary
| @cindex summary
|
| Org-mode is a mode for keeping notes, maintaining TODO lists, and doing
| project planning with a fast and effective plain-text system.
`----

M-x Info-index RET summary will jump to the "Summary" section, where the
index has been set.

Maybe we could have `Info-index-and-find-first-match', but that's
another story, and it's not the expected behavior for `i'.

--
Bastien