Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 19:10:15 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Never heard anyone complain about blink-matching-open.  I myself find
> it great: it's very lightweight yet effective.  I find show-paren-mode
> too much in-your-face.

I find blink-matching-open quite annoying.  OTOH, show-paren-mode is
among the very first things I turn on in an uncustomized Emacs.
(Actually I normally use mic-paren.el; the feature I miss in paren.el is
that when point is directly between two parens, it can highlight both
the preceding and following matching parens.)

--
Johan Bockgård