Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:38:59 -0500

    I don't see why it is really necessary to insist on refactoring
    cua-(selection-)mode for these features to be used by default.

So that we don't have to have all of CUA loaded by default, for one
thing.

    BTW, why is using a pre- or post- command hook so bad?

Every use of them (1) slows Emacs down and (2) creates the possibility
of bad interactions with other features.

The more commonly used a feature is, the more desirable it becomes
to avoid using those hooks.