Re: vc-set-mode-line-busy-indicator

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: vc-set-mode-line-busy-indicator
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:46:40 +0900

> Suppose it says "End of diff output".  Why is it a problem if you copy
> that along with the diff?  If you copy that, what harm does it do?
> It won't bother `patch'.

I dunno, maybe it's just a personal foible, but emacs the "diff" command
used to add this sort of terminator line (haven't noticed recently) sort
of terminator string, and I always found it very annoying -- it probably
doesn't cause anything to _break_ but it was like an ugly little wart,
and I always ended up going to extra effort to delete it when saving the
output.

I think the highlighted mode-line status indicators used by
e.g. compile-mode (running or finished etc) now are really nice and do a
great job of quickly making me aware of what's going on.  I would love
it if asynchronous vc commands used a similar indicator to show their
status.

-Miles

--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."