Re: tabs v spaces in Emacs's source files

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: tabs v spaces in Emacs's source files
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:44:00 +0900

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there a convention on whether tabs or spaces should be used to
> indent Emacs's source files, or is it up to the maintainer of a given
> file? I don't want to propose one or the other, just ask if there's a
> standard.

Generally it's both.  I've noticed some files use mainly spaces,
presumably because the original author did, but over time things to fuzz
out as people with different settings edit the code.  Mostly it doesn't
really matter I think....

-Miles

--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train