Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:20:01 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>  Other people don't necessarily see which editor you use, but they
>>  all see what dVCS you use.
>
> That would be more convincing if every GNU package except by Emacs
> were using Bazaar. Is that so?

Emacs is not particularly known for only going well-trodden paths.  In
more than one way it has been a front-runner for Free Software and the
policies (I don't think we have much other software that requires the
GNU manifesto in its manual).

So the right question is not "do the other GNU packages do that?" but
rather "would we like GNU packages to do that?".  And then Emacs is at
least as good a start as any.

Incidentally, the answer for me to this one is "no", but it is still a
valid question.