Re: Submission of Matrix Kronecker Product for calc

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Submission of Matrix Kronecker Product for calc
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:56:59 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

> For a medium-size contribution, a disclaimer is just fine.
> It is only for large amounts of code that we prefer an assignment.
>
> Also, if someone wants to keep contributing, the past-and-future
> assignment has the advantage that it will cover future work.
> But if someone doesn't expect to contribute more later,
> thns advantage doesn't apply.

Isn't there something to be said for: i) assuming that contributors
will want to continue contributing; and ii) trying to minimize the
number of pieces of paper people have to sign? I've always offered
assign-past-and-future for the whole of Emacs as a default option to
contributors, no matter how much they contribute initially. Should I
stop doing this? Is there some reason to actually _prefer_ a
disclaimer for smaller changes?