Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 01:59:27 +0100

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Thomas Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Sure, and, mostly the same way:  the boss(es) just pick one,
>  somewhat arbitrarily but perhaps with some intuition about
>  what will work out.

Some have done just that, and some others did have discussions. I'm
just pointing out that stopping to evaluate the alternatives is not
dangerous per se.

> In this case, ESR, bless his heart, seems to
> have
>  prompted quite a few list members to go back and refresh their
>  perspective on dvcs and spout some observations and opinions.   So,
>  RMS got a fair amount of input.

I don't think so. Very few people has experience with several dVCS;
most discussion (at least, in this list) has not gone over the level
of "this is the dVCS I'm comfortable with".

> I'm just trying to
> point
>  out that that's not a crazy policy because, in calling for a different
>  approach to the decision, you're suggesting a (pretty radical) change
>  in policy.

I don't think Richard's policies are crazy; I respect him and his
accomplishments. But I'm don't think either that what I'm suggesting
is a radical change in policy, unless "stop and look at the
alternatives" is considered radical.

             Juanma