Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:43:11 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> I don't buy that "power user" argument.

That seems clear

> It is not dissimilar to the UI that you get nowadays when typing a URL
> in a browser.  Users seem to do just fine with that.  Maybe it's time
> to reconsider what a user knows and does not know nowadays.

The difference is that such browser interfaces are designed to fairly
readable and clear.  iswitchb is not.

Morever, typing a URL into a browser address bar is a relatively
uncommon action (compared to other browser activities), but switching
buffers is an _extremely_ common action in emacs, and deserves a
lightweight and unintrusive interface.

-Miles

--
Un-American, adj. Wicked, intolerable, heathenish.