Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 02:00:21 +0100

   >> Never liked it.  Is it really that popular?
   > That's hard to measure, isn't it?  In _my_ experience it is.
   > Or more likely: blink-matching-open is unpopular, and in general
   > blinking cursor is downright hated by many people.

   Never heard anyone complain about blink-matching-open.  I myself find it
   great: it's very lightweight yet effective.  I find show-paren-mode too
   much in-your-face.

This is exactly the reason why I also prefer using
blink-matching-open rather than the show-paren-mode. What's more,
I usually insert paired parenthesis and with the help of paredit,
writing *lisp code is really a pleasure.

By the way, are there plans to put paredit-el into the official
GNU Emacs distribution at some point ?

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org