Re: 23.0.60; Can't paste from files with .arc extensions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Can't paste from files with .arc extensions
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:53:49 -0400

    Paul Graham's new Arc language uses .arc as an
    extension

They are asking for trouble by using that extension.  They should
change the extension ASAP.

I am not sure whether we should try to make Emacs distinguish between
Arc programs and .arc archives.  If this can be done so reliably
that it never makes a mistake, then we may as well do it.  But if it
is not that reliable, better to tell all Arc programmers that they
should put -*-arc-language-*- in their files.

Is the implementation of Arc free software?