Re: CUA mode's C-RET binding [was: position on changing defaults?]

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: CUA mode's C-RET binding [was: position on changing defaults?]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:50:36 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
And when I chose C-RET, it wasn't used by any other installed
package (not as far as I could see).

nxml-mode uses C-RET for completion as an alternative to the famous M-TAB which does not work with standard Emacs on w32 for example.

I do not know if that is a good use for C-RET, but it is simple to type and cua-set-rectangle-mark is probably not as common as completion, or?

If we could move "just-one-space" to some other key, using M-SPC to
set the rectangle mark would be an alternative "logical" binding for
setting the rectangle-mark.

How about C-x M-space? This is at least a little bit resembles C-space ...