Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:15:00 +0100

() "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
() Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:34:13 +0100

   What is the real situation? Do we have data about the
   number of users of Bazaar vs. git or mercurial?

The real situation is that numbers don't matter, except in a popularity
contest.  What matters (technically) is that moving from central repo to
distributed repo pushes interop between these systems to the forefront.

  JRHACKER <-> PREFERRED-VCS <-> PROJECT-VCS <-> WORLD (PROJECT)

What matters (politically) is that PROJECT-VCS is compatible w/ PROJECT,
and that PREFERRED-VCS is compatible w/ JRHACKER.

Interop is a burden but not a fruitless one.  Likewise, understanding
different people w/ their different persepectives.  (Note: I spew
generally here, w/o intention of speaking on anyone's abilities or
intentions.)

thi