Re: FW: fit-frame.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: FW: fit-frame.el
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:34:56 -0400

> Resending for review.

Could you describe what is the behavior of your function when there are
more than 1 windows in the frame?  After trying it out, I'm still not
sure.  I get the impression that part of the problem is that you
calculate a frame size that would allow all windows to have the right
size, but you don't actually resize the windows, so they get a somewhat
arbitrary size which may or may not be the right one.

Also when the C-u arg is provided, it seems to resize the frame to the
size it should have if it displayed only 1 window, whereas of course
it's not the case: there are other windows there (otherwise C-u makes
no difference anyway).  So again, the result is somewhat unexpected.
I'd have expected it to resize the frame so that the window fits the
buffer, and so that the other windows stay "unchanged".

        Stefan