Re: merging Emacs.app

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: merging Emacs.app
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:52:03 -0400

> I'm not sure if SYNC_INPUT changes the situation in Emacs 23.  But I
> would rather choose the strategy that is working in other platforms
> than taking a risk of introducing a untested one for nontrivial issues
> such as C-g.

SYNC_INPUT doesn't make much difference here: indeed the code is not
executed from the signal handler any more, but it's still handled at
fairly arbitrary points in the code, many of whom do not allow execution
of elisp code.  So w.r.t execution of elisp code from read_socket_hook,
it's still a big no-no.

        Stefan