Who uses "complete word" (aka SPC) in the minibuffer and how/why

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Who uses "complete word" (aka SPC) in the minibuffer and how/why
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:13:21 -0400

The subject says it all.

As I'm looking at ways to improve the default completion mechanism, I'm
trying to understand how "complete word" would fit in.  In order to know
how best to adapt it to some of the situations, I'd like to know how
it's used.  I personally never use it and always find TAB to be a much
better choice.

Of course, ideally nobody uses it (except some people who happen to
like to hit SPC but would be just as well served by minibuffer-complete
if it were bound to SPC) and we can get rid of it, but I expect life
isn't that simple.

        Stefan