Re: CUA mode's C-RET binding

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: CUA mode's C-RET binding
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 02:37:59 +0200

>>     This means that if your history contains something like "rm -rf
>>     /", and you accidently type `M-! M-p RET', your data are lost ;-)
>
>> Why does your history contain "rm -rf /"?  Did you run that command
>> recently?
>
>         A more plausible scenario is if I have recently run "rm -rf .",
>  in a directory where that was appropriate.  Now I have cd'd  to
>  a different directory (perhaps even my home directory), where executing
>  that command could do damage.

Yes, I meant exactly the same scenario.  When in a dired buffer I type
e.g. `! du -s RET' on a directory, and after this I type `! rm -rf RET'
on the same directory.  Then if I want to repeat the command `du -s'
on another directory, I type `! M-p', and I feel uneasy when at the last
moment before confirming the command with RET, I notice a wrong command.
There is no such problems with other commands that are less damaging.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/